JEEC specialises in the provision of training workshops covering all areas of energy procurement. Workshop content can be tailored to meet the client’s specific requirements and can be held in the client’s preferred location. Duration can be from one to three days.
Workshop content is drawn from a wide variety of approved sources and is enhanced by case studies from the extensive personal experiences of the presenters in the global energy trade.
The global market can be extremely volatile and a key workshop focus is on how to manage these risks. Feedback is encouraged in the form of Q & A at the end of each session and throughout the program.
Attendees typically include staff from Senior Management, Legal, Procurement, Contracts Administration and Finance.
A typical three day course can cover:
GLOBAL COAL MARKETS
- historical and forecast supply and demand by region
- pricing both historical and forecast
COAL SUPPLY AGREEMENTS
- types of CSAs
- legal aspects
- management of risk in CSAs
- drafting and negotiating CSAs
- disputes arising from CSAs
- tips and traps with interactive case studies
- laboratories and standards
TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS
PRICING MECHANISMS AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- price indexes
- hedging and other forms of price management